The crawl space is prone to moisture issues, and that’s why you should have the best crawl space dehumidifier installed there. The role of this dehumidifier is to remove excess humidity from your crawl space. By so doing, it ensures that mildew and mold do not thrive. Well, it is advisable to completely subdue mold and mildew at your home. This is because they can cause various discomforts such as allergic reactions and flu. Too much humidity in the crawl space can also shorten the lifespan of the home you are living in.
This is because humidity causes wood rot, which is not good at all. Excess humidity can also fasten rusting and corrosion of metallic objects, thereby, shortening their lifespan as well. Nonetheless, not all crawl space dehumidifiers work the same. That’s why we emphasize that you go for the best model. The best model is compact, which is great, given that crawl spaces tend to be crowded. The best model also comes with a drain pipe and is fairly quiet. The following reviews talk about the best models only. So, read it with confidence knowing that by the time you are done, you will know exactly what to settle for.
Best Crawl Space Dehumidifiers – Top List
10. BaseAire AirWerx100X Whole House Dehumidifier
As its name suggests, the BaseAire AirWerx100X is suitable for dehumidifying your whole house, basement or sealed crawl space. It comes equipped with 2 sturdy handles that make it easy to move around with and place where moisture should be removed. It removes 100 pints at 80 degrees Fahrenheit, and it is energy efficient. Ideally, this crawl space dehumidifier is powerful enough to remove moisture in an area up to 2,900 square feet.
- cETL certified for safety and quality
- Does not consume a lot of energy
- Ideal for relatively large spaces
- Easy to move from one location to another
- For the price, it would be better if the dehumidifier came with a duct collar
9. Aprilaire 1820 Pro Crawlspace Dehumidifier
Aprilaire knows that the best crawl space dehumidifiers are expensive. That being said, it has designed this particular unit in such a way that it will last for years to come. It has built it with aluminum coils that are corrosion-resistant to make sure it can stand up to anything thrown at it. The dehumidifier is a great purchase, given that it does not just prevent mold from thriving but also keeps termites at bay as well as protecting against structural rot and odors.
- Does a great job of removing moisture
- The warranty period is incredibly long
- Does not get overly hot
- Noisy, but this should not be an issue because it is designed for the crawl space
8. Dri-EAZ PHD 200 Commercial Dehumidifier with Pump
The PHD 200 is a high-performance unit designed to get rid of moisture to prevent rust, mold, and mildew from taking over. It is a commercial-grade dehumidifier that is perfect for utility rooms, garages, shops, crawl spaces, basements, and more. Its digital controls are easy to read even in the dark. What’s more, it has a humidistat that allows you to set a target humidity level. It also has an automatic pump out that allows for continuous operation while eliminating worries about overflowing trays and emptying tanks.
- The pump works well
- The controls are easy to use and to read
- The dehumidifier is worth the price
- A little loud
7. AlorAir Basement/Crawl space Dehumidifiers 120PPD (Saturation)
This crawl space dehumidifier has a lot of great features. But one that particularly stands out is the HGV (Hot Gas Valve) Defrosting System. The HGV system ensures an efficient and quick defrosting process, thereby, allowing the dehumidifier to work at an incredibly low temperature of around 36 deg F. This, in turn, enables the dehumidifier to work efficiently and continuously without stopping because of the defrosting process. In a nutshell, the HGV improves the life span of the dehumidifier.
- Solidly built and relatively quiet
- The customer service responds quickly and in a friendly manner
- Quality is good and the dehumidifier works well
- May come with defects, but the seller is always willing to help
6. AlorAir LGR Dehumidifier with Built-in Pump
AlorAir believes that products should be of great quality. That’s why it offers after-sale services to make sure customers who are not satisfied are assisted accordingly. One of its products is the LGR dehumidifier. It comes with a 5-year warranty plus it boasts a waterproof design; thanks to the rubber strip that makes the circuit board sealed. This unit also comes equipped with a condensate pump, which is great, considering its fairly good price point.
- The motor is surprisingly quiet
- Very efficient and moves a lot of air
- The drain pump works well
- Customer service is outstanding
- May come with some issues, but there is a warranty to help solve such problems
5. AlorAir Basement/Crawlspace Dehumidifiers 198PPD (Saturation)
This crawlspace dehumidifier from AlorAir boasts internal corrosion protection, which helps extend its lifespan. Besides, it is designed with a remote monitoring function that makes it an excellent choice where remote sensing is needed. The dehumidifier also comes with a 5-year warranty to give you peace of mind during purchase. It is C-ETL certified, and this means it is of good quality and safe to use. Plus, this dehumidifier comes equipped with HGV for enhanced performance.
- It is of good quality and works well
- Has a compact and lightweight design
- The dehumidifier has excellent features
- The handles on the top are a great addition
- The dehumidifier may come with defects, but the customer service is outstanding
4. Dri-Eaz Revolution LGR Commercial Dehumidifier with Pump
If you have a large area to dehumidify then investing in the Dri-Eaz Revolution LGR Dehumidifier is a smart step. It dehumidifies large areas up to 7,000 square feet. Additionally, this dehumidifier has a built-in humidistat plus it shows humidity and temperature conditions. The dehumidifier is also easy to transport, meaning you can quickly move it from one place to another for the total elimination of moisture, mildew, and mold.
- Operates effectively and quietly
- The included 40ft clear hose is long enough
- Has a nice set of features
- Works when needed, thereby, saving electricity
- Has a great warranty
- The price is a bit on the higher side
3. AlorAir Storm SLGR 1600X Commercial Dehumidifier
AlorAir is a great manufacturer that does a wonderful job of producing quality crawlspace dehumidifiers. One of these dehumidifiers is the SLGR 1600X Commercial Dehumidifier. It comes with a 5-year warranty, and this is enough proof that it is of great quality. It also comes with a pump so you can begin using it right away. What’s more, this dehumidifier is cETL listed for quality and safety. Plus it is commercial-grade not to mention having a memory starting feature.
- Backed by a warranty
- The dehumidifier has lots of amazing features
- cETL listed for safety and quality
- Light in weight for optimum portability
- May come with defects, but the manufacturer stands behind it
2. AlorAir LGR Compact Dehumidifier with Built-in Pump
When AlorAir describes this dehumidifier as the most compact dehumidifier it has ever produced, believe it. Well, the compact design of this dehumidifier makes it very convenient to use. It makes it easy to transport from one room to another or from one place to another. The dehumidifier is also energy efficient, and this will give you peace of mind knowing that your electric bill will not skyrocket.
- Saves energy and works well
- The dehumidifier is well built
- Certified by both CE and cETL
- Comes with a drain pipe
- The dehumidifier is worth the money
- The dehumidifier is not quiet – not too loud either
1. AlorAir Storm Pro Commercial Dehumidifier 180PPD
The memory starting function is a great feature. That’s why we are thrilled to note that this dehumidifier has it. The memory starting function enables the dehumidifier to come back after a power outage. And this eliminates the need to manually turn on this unit. Besides, this dehumidifier comes equipped with semi-pneumatic wheels as well as a rigid handle to make it easy to transport. It is a versatile, high-performance dehumidifier that removes damp and moisture from carpet cleaning, water damage restoration, drying furnishing, and more.
- Easy to move around
- Works great in bringing humidity levels down
- Very quiet and not disruptive
- May come with issues, but the manufacturer stands behind its products
You do not need to live in a humid area to invest in a crawl space dehumidifier. Sometimes, your home may have excess humidity but you may fail to notice. Therefore, for safe, comfortable living, make sure you have a crawl space dehumidifier. And the place to get a high-performance dehumidifier is right here.