A personal air conditioner is much smaller than an average AC unit.
Its role is to cool small spaces such as the bed area, couch area, and even closets. It fits in those spaces where a large cooling unit cannot fit.
What’s even better, the best personal air conditioners are powerful enough to keep your space cool and make sure you breathe fresher and healthier air all the time. They also cool rooms much faster and are energy efficient; meaning you will not have to pay your electric bill through the nose.
But these top quality units are not easy to find; thanks to the flooded market. So, to avoid getting a unit that is underwhelming when it comes to performance, you need to read quite a number of reviews. Through these reviews, you will know which factors to consider when buying a personal air conditioner.
For instance, some of these factors are versatility, price, build quality, safety & certification, and portability. Well, some of the reviews are right in front of you. They have various brands of personal air conditioners so you can get nothing but the best product.
Best Personal Air Conditioners – Top List
10. Ontel Evaporative Portable Air Conditioner Review
The two times cooling power of this personal air conditioner enables it to cool, purify, and humidify. There is also Hydro chill technology that turns hot air into cool refreshing air. Another wonderful feature is the adjustable multi-directional air vent that makes this portable air conditioner very convenient to use.
The water tank is easy to fill, and once filled, it runs up to 10 hours before requiring another round of filling. Given how compact this air conditioner is, you can set it up in the basement, kitchen, office, bedroom, living room, den, etc. Best of all, this unit delivers peerless performance yet its price is within an affordable range.
- Water tank lasts up to 10 hours per fill
- Ultra-lightweight and portable for use anywhere
- Gives cool and fresh air
- Evaporative air filter is constructed with a sponge material
9. BLACK+DECKER Portable Air Conditioner Review (BPACT08WT)
If you want to keep your room as cool as a cucumber, the BLACK+DECKER BPACT08WT is worth splashing some money on. It is suitable for the bedroom, garage, apartment, dorm, home or any room, which you feel is much better to be in if ambient temperature drops.
This portable air conditioner is particularly important during summer when the temperature threatens to shoot up. It brings comfort; meaning, when you have it sleeping at night will not be a struggle. It has an LED digital display, sleep mode, and 24-hour on/off timer. All of these features make the air conditioner much easier to use.
- Works in double-hung and sliding windows only
- The included air filter is reusable and easy to clean
- The unit keeps a room measuring up to 10’ by 15’ cool
- Castors and integrated carry handles make moving the unit from to room easy
8. SereneLife 3-in-1 Floor AC Unit with Built-in Dehumidifier Review
One of the reasons why you are investing in a personal air conditioner is that you want a portable unit that you can use almost anywhere. The SereneLife 3-in-1 Floor AC Unit is a great option because it is advertised as handy and portable.
It is lightweight; hence, you can easily lift it from one room to another. It also features a sleek body that will definitely make a statement regardless of where you place it. What’s more, this AC unit is suitable for the bedroom, garage, office, living room, and more. It operates quietly and delivers outstanding results.
- Can be used as a fan, dehumidifier or cooling unit
- The default mode is cooling
- The remote control has a digital touch button control
- Rated power is 900W
- Cooling power is 8,000BTU
- Cools up to over 215 sq. ft. room
7. Whynter 14,000 BTU Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner Review (ARC-14S)
It is hard to go wrong with an award-winning unit such as the Whynter ARC-14S. Good Housekeeping’s rated this portable air conditioner the best overall in 2019. And according to them, the ARC-14S can cool down a room much faster than other portable air conditioners.
Well, it’s not just performance that makes this portable air conditioner one of the best in its class; there is also versatility. The air conditioner can also be used as a fan or dehumidifier. Although it cools a surprisingly large room, you should note that ambient temperature and humidity may affect optimum performance.
- Cools up to 500 sq. ft. space
- Features a 24-hour programmable timer
- Patented auto drain function for full exhaustion of all condensate
- Noise level is below 56dBA
- Maximum power consumption is 1250W/10.8A
- Power supply is 115V/60Hz/1 Phase
6. Silini Mini Portable Air Conditioner Cooler Review, Upgrade Model
You will be wrong to judge this air conditioner based on its size. It may be small but this unit is packed with a lot of power. It is so effective that it does not just keep the room cool but also moistens the air. By so doing, this mini air conditioner contributes as far as keeping your room super comfortable is concerned.
What’s more, this air conditioner is very easy to use. Simply add water and then press the button. Since it is portable, it is no surprise that this air conditioner does not take up much space. Therefore, if you live in an apartment or dorm, this is what you should settle on.
- Built-in lamp radiates soft light
- Also works as a bright decorative element
- Hydrocooling technology that uses the special filter
- Three adjustable modes of speed
5. Evapolar evaCHILL Personal Evaporative Air Cooler and Humidifier Review
A versatile unit is what everyone wants. Needless to say, we are happy to let you know that this unit humidifies, cools, and is capable of cleaning dust particles from the air for healthier breathing. It is a 3-in-1 unit that will definitely meet your expectations.
What’s more, it eliminates the need to have multiple devices such as a humidifier and air conditioner. The versatility combines with the personal, compact design to make this unit perfect for small spaces such as the garage, dorm, apartment, bedroom, etc. This air cooler & humidifier is made of non-organic materials that do not harbor bacteria or toxins.
- Available in two colors: Urban Grey and Opaque White
- For personal use
- Cools the area in front of it up to 45 sq. ft. i.e. approximately the size of a bed, couch or desk
- Easy-to-understand and intuitive user control pad
4. MIDEA ALEXA enabled Portable Air Conditioner Review (MAP08S1BWT)
This is a smart portable air conditioner that is easy and convenient to operate. It is Wi-Fi enabled and can be controlled via the manufacturer’s smartphone app. You can also operate it via the voice-controlled Bluetooth of your choice. Apart from cooling rooms, this portable air conditioner offers fan and dehumidification functions.
It is great for studios, apartments, and bedrooms. It comes equipped with an easy-to-read LED digital control panel that delivers exact control over timer, sleep settings, fan, power functions, temperature setting, and mode. Midea is one of the largest providers of air conditioning units. That being said, we are confident you will not go wrong with this model.
- Indicator light to let you know when the filter needs to be cleaned
- Comes with a fully functional LED remote control
- Adjustable window bracket that fits openings from 26.5” – 48”
- The clip-on drain measures 59
3. Rollibot Alexa-Enabled Portable Air Conditioner Review (COOL208-19)
This is another Alexa-enabled air conditioner you can control via your voice. With it, your home’s climate will be very conducive to be in. Once you have received it, simply pair it with Amazon Alexa and you are good to go. You can also control this unit via a mobile app.
Download the manufacturer’s app and then start operating your air conditioner from any corner of the world. The conditioner is versatile, and, therefore, it can cool, fan, heat or dehumidify. Furthermore, this air conditioner comes with eco-friendly components such as the R410A reusable and refrigerant filters.
- Cools spaces up to 450 sq ft
- Includes casters and a moveable window kit
- The included carbon filter is not washable
- Installs in minutes only
- Weighs 55 pounds and measures 13.9 by 13.3 by 27.5 inches
2. Tripp Lite SRCOOL12K Portable Air Conditioner Review
Large cooling solutions are great, but they do not cool rooms as effectively as we would like. That’s where this portable air conditioner comes into play. And one of these units is the Tripp Lite SRCOOL12K Air Conditioner. It is a small and compact air conditioner that cools small network closets and back offices where other cooling units do not fit.
Moreover, this air conditioner can be used as a personal AC unit for residential applications. Although it is small, the air conditioner has plenty of power and will work as promised. What’s more, the manufacturer fully stands behind, which is a good indication that it is of good quality.
- 2-year warranty and free tech support
- Cooling power is 12000 BTU
- Uses environmentally friendly R410a refrigerant
- No plumbing or special circuits
- Built-in evaporator eliminates the need to empty water tanks
Related: Best Crawl Space Dehumidifier
1. Honeywell Portable Air Conditioner with Fan & Dehumidifier Review (MM14CCSBB)
This is a 3-in-1 unit that deserves to be in this place. It works as a dehumidifier, fan, and an AC unit. It distributes powerful cool or warm air evenly to ensure fast and consistent cooling or heating. Ideally, this model is one of the most trusted in America.
And that’s because, apart from working as expected, this unit is built with safety in mind. It boasts thermal overload protection to provide added safety and give you peace of mind. As if that’s not enough, Honeywell’s support team is always ready to help whenever you have a problem with your AC unit.
- Cools a room up to 500 – 700 sq ft
- Available in 3 different colors: White/Silver, Black/Silver, and Black
- UL, ETL certified to meet strict & applicable U.S. safety standards
- One year warranty
Sometimes, especially during the summer, it gets really hot, and this is where a personal air conditioner comes into play. It is a highly portable unit, and, therefore, very reliable. Nonetheless, not all units deliver the same performance. And that’s why you need to go through the models we have reviewed above.